Friday, March 18, 2011

Your Advice Sucks!

You know what absolutely annoys me? Good Bad advice. What is Good Bad Advice? Its when someone who thinks they know what your going through or feels like they have been through something similar feels like they can "enlighten" you on how to deal with your situation....ummmmm last time I checked you dont look like your doing too good yourself. I never try to play it off like I am something that I am not. I go through some serious stuff, some of which have been shared on this blog and all in all I always get the same response. People think I am so strong and that is all well and good but I have to keep it real with them, my strength comes from God. I dont pretend to have the answers. If someone confides in me I actually seek God in regards to what to say to them because the right message at the wrong time can cause some serious damage.

There are those whose advice is only based on their ill experiences and circumstances. Be careful with those kind of people because they either do not want you to become like them or they are afraid that you wont become like them. They are the one's who will tell you "I used to date a guy like that and he put me through some hell but I wish I let go of him sooner because if I didnt, I would never have met my husband." One would think that was good advice.....if you didnt know that they were unhappily married and that if that "man who put [her] through hell" ever got his act together, he would of been her husband, but she settled for the one who seemed great.

Then there are the people who "can imagine what your going through." No you cant! I have had two of my bestfriends each lose their fiance's and father to their children at seperate times in life and have been by their side to watch people tell them "Don't worry, God has someone better out there for you." Huhhhhhhhh??????? Are you serious? Even if that in fact was true.....at that moment do you think they want the best thing that God has for them or the greatest love that they had ever encountered up until that point in their lives? That was bad advice!

My advice to the advisors is to seek God before you share your thoughts on a persons life with them, especially if it effects their future. Your thoughts for what someone should or should not do may not be lined up with the plan that God has for their lives. You may just be an instrument of discouragement if your not careful. If you really want whats best for someone then the best thing to do sometimes is just listen.

Sorry everyone but I had to vent, I have heard so much bad advice lately. Have we forgotten that God has the final say?

"Blessed is the man who walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful."
Psalm 1:1

Dont Forget To Subscribe To The Blog :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment