Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I Believe In Love

It was early in the morning and the bank was pretty much empty. My co-workers were speaking with one of our regular customers about love. He is an older guy but he looks like he gets his share of women.
"Do you believe in love", one of my co-workers asked him.
"Love", he laughed, "yeah I love them every time its their turn."
They all laughed at that. She then turned to my other co-worker, "what about you? Do you believe in love."
"Yeah I believe in love, the love that a mother has for her child."
She then turned her own question on herself and let both the customer and our coworker know that she does not believe in love because it is not real. So while I was not minding my own business it took every power within me to keep my mouth shut, because both of my co-workers.....wait for it, wait for it....are MARRIED!!! Yes they are married, in fact their husbands come pick them up from work almost everyday. I remember coming out of work one day tired as a dog and having to drive myself home while they got to relax on the passenger side of their husbands ride. I was so sad cause all I wanted to do was be on my way home with my husband and I could go home and relax while he rubs my feet. It did not help that there was traffic on the highway that day. LOL

I was surprised that two married women were standing there with a single man chatting about how none of them (Even in their adulthood) believe in love. It had me thinking, when did they realize that they were no longer in love with their husbands? Do thier husbands know that thier wife is unhappy? When you decide to be with someone, do you do it because your lonely or because there is where your heart longs be. When broken hearts get married...do they heal or is marriage just a bandage over the scars of past experience?

What ever happened to true love, I mean that overpowering feeling that comes upon you when you look into their eyes and it becomes undeniably clear that there is nowhere you would rather be. I think about why God created love. What was the purpose of having certain men and women connect in such an undescribable way that draws them together like living magnets? Have we exchanged it for elongated lust? Love is a whole other form of intimacy. The warm embrace of the one you love can melt away all the unbelief that was once there however true love was created by God and only comes from God.

I believe in love. I believe that when God created me, he created my perfect match and I would not settle for a suitable copy. I dont know if my coworkers husbands are replicas of what their soulmate would look like if they waited on God to lead them to the right person; I do know that all those who have ever encountered true love are believers. I know that at times marriage is the next level of a long term relationship, but with true love marriage is an eternal bond, sealed with a spiritual connection ordained by God.

After hearing that conversation I decided to forget about being picked up from work and the foot massage none of that matters. I rather be in love.

An old friend of mine, Simone W. has a blog called "Struggles of a love Addict" (strugglesofaloveaddict.blogspot.com), she made a comment the other day that stuck with me.
"When I grow old and my grandchildren ask me who was the love of my life, I want to be able to look across the room and point at my husband."



"And Jacob served seven years for Rachel; and they seemed unto him but a few days, for the love he had to her"
Genesis 29:20

No comments:

Post a Comment