Tuesday, March 1, 2011

When God Is In Control.....

Alot of times we hear people say that "God is in control" and in many ways it relieves us. I am a little different because I like to feel like I have some kind of control over the things that occur in my life. Unfortunately as it has been visibly proven to me time and time again, I do not. All I barely control are my decisions and as a Christian I try to do what God would want me to. I am not always successful in my efforts but overall that is what I do. The reality of life is that God is in control. The things that happen to us actually serve a purpose. It may not be clear at the moment but when you realize what it had to take for you to be where you are, it all makes sense.

Lately I have realized that I do too much. I made a new friend last week and we were talking about God and she told me "Faith without works is dead, but God did not ask us to work overtime." Sometimes I do too much. I was so stressed out about meeting a financial goal and drafted a budget for myself that was boderline impossible. I would dream about this budget and wonder how I would make my personal deadline in order to make the moves that I wanted to within the near future. Finally I woke up one day last week and said enough is enough. Some way, some how God will make a way for me. I cant keep stressing myself out over what I cant control. I did what I could control. I went to work when I was scheduled and cut back on unneccessary spending and just let whatever was left build up.

I went to work yesterday and it was my first day completely on my own. I was so nervous but I prayed about it and put it in God's hands. The day went exceptionally well. My supervisor and co-workers said they had never seen someone do so well right after training...ever. During my lunch break, my Supervisor went to my head Supervisor and told her how outstanding my performance was and how amazed she is. By the time I got back from lunch I had a new schedule, with more hours which will allow me to make my financial goal. Wow! It had not been the peace that God gave me that passed my understanding, I would of been focused on another personal struggle that would distract me from the task at hand. If it wasnt for the Lord who was calling into my rememberance what to do and how to do it, I would have failed. God came through for me again. All it did was remind me that he has my best interest at hand. Always and forever.

And the Lord shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath;
Deuteronomy 28:13

No comments:

Post a Comment