Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Self Expression

I have so much on my mind lately and I did not know where to start with this posting. So I went back to my first love. Before there was blogging, before I ever wrote a book...I wrote poetry.

I believe in the power of God
So I hold my head high and proudly
See I did not get this far in life
looking down at what I could not be
I still believe that I will have all God promised me
But I realize that it wont be manifested easily
Sometimes I wish I could wake up to a better part of time
Maybe in the future, maybe in my mind
You could tell me the story of how we overcame
And it would all make sense somewhere in my dreams
I have seen my share of trouble
I have felt my dose of pain
I have questioned if this is it
Am I about to go insane?
Through adversity I learned a lesson long ago
The devil will take his best shot
Though your not ready for the blow
So I take a deep breath
I wrap my arms around my chest
I wipe the tears from my eyes
I promised God I would not forget
I stand back up and look the enemy in the face
This punch will not break me
It will not shake my faith
I realize that my heart is the only weapon you can use
So I took out the ammunition
Round 2

*Did you hear that this blog is being featured on an online magazine? If you did, you heard correctly :-) I am looking for you guys to help me choose which post to submit so comment under this post and let me know what you suggest. I am truly grateful for all of your support. Dont forget to invite a friend to join the blog group of followers. So far I have 18 followers!!! (Yay) Now all I need is 12 more :-)*

No comments:

Post a Comment