Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New Sanity & No You Cant Have It!

Happy New Year everyone :-) guess whose back! Did you miss me? Did you think of me? Did you pray for me? Well I had you all on the mind constantly. Oh how I longed to blog through the difficult months of September through December, but I couldn’t. Not because I was at a loss of words but because I have a book that I am working on and I did not want to take away from the information by accidentally posting an incident that could be crucial for the story line of my next book. I know what you’re thinking. Where is the other book? Well ladies and gentlemen, the other book died, May it rest in peace. Lol no I’m kidding, to be honest, the fictional book “My First Mistake Was You” kind of took a back seat to my current book “This Heart Has A Story.” It just kind of happened that way. But I will keep you guys posted about both. One of them will surely be finished (& by finished I mean printed and ready for purchase) by March 14th! Which one???? Stay tuned. :-)


So how are you? I pray that all is well with you and yours. I’m doing okay. I am excited about this New Year and all that it has to offer. I don’t like to make New Year Resolutions because I feel like I often let myself down; after all I am only human. So instead of telling myself what to do, I ask God to make me into what I desire to be. Last year I asked God to make me a lender and not a borrower and sure enough he honored my request throughout the year. I have no idea how I was able to do it because I did not work for 9 of the 12months but God made it possible. This year I have asked God to make me disciplined. I’m not talking about sticking to a diet or anything like that. I want God to keep me focused on the important things and not minor incidents. I want him to help me make a clear plan for certain areas of my life and to stick to them. I want to be better.


I was speaking to a hypocrite the other day and I did not realize how fascinated some people still are with my life. I really thought no one cared anymore. It upset me that the same stories I used to hear about myself in 2005, were still being told in 2011????? I was down right livid. All I could think was “the nerve of some fools to speak the things that they don’t have a clue about.” I did not feel relieved until I actually got in my car and drove home that evening and God spoke this word to me.

“New Year, New Sanity…And No You Can’t Have It!”

That’s right. The crap that the devil pulled last year has not been left in 2010 because I need it in 2011. I need to remember what I learned in 2010 because misery is looking for company and I have to be careful not to join him. Certain people will probably never change, others may never see the error of their ways but I learned through first hand experience to let God deal with people. There is no need to get bent out of shape over a hypocrite because I have a new form of sanity in 2011 that I earned in 2010. I have been through too much to act like I have no experience. Was all the disappointment in 2010 for nothing? Absolutely not! I don’t know about you but the devil will have to work extra hard this year to get under my skin because it’s a new year, I have new sanity, and no he can’t have it!

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus.
Phillipians 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment