Sunday, June 6, 2010

What Is Failure?

I look at my life and realize that I am so far from where I thought I would have been at this stage. I am the type of person who has always done exceedingly well academically. People have always looked at me as a smart person, but in reality I was a bored person. I passed everything with flying colors because I knew that was what I had to do if I did not want a butt whooping (lol). No seriously, I am the kind of person who has always done what I was required to do extremely well, and neglected anything that was not a requirement. So when I graduated High School, although I was within the high percentile of graduates, I was not the least bit excited about College because I had already completed the 12yr school requirement. Anything beyond that would be my option. Well America to put this picture in perspective for you, I have changed my College Major three times, and have failed to obtain a degree. :-( Sometimes I speak to people who I have went to school with and they automatically assume that I have my Doctorate from some Ivy League School, how interesting it is to state otherwise (Thanks Facebook).

The enemy has a way of making you feel like a loser. This morining I had one of those days where I felt pathedic, I felt like a failure.(Being a Christian does not exclude you from a "down" day). During those moments I remind myself of how much I have really accomplished. In my academic journey I have realized that no profession in this world can satisfy me more than writting. I had to grow in confidence to be able to share my words with the world without fear. That took time. It took time and experience for me to see that I can not do what I think will make me successful, I have to take heed to the voice of God and go in the path that he has set for me and thankfully he has placed the gift and knowledge within me to execute his will. Although I am not a Social Worker like I thought I would be, I am able to minister to others daily and encourage them and help give them ideas that will better their lives and their future. Although I am not a Nurse, I am an aide for the lost and broken spirited people who need to know the ultimate solution to all of their problems. So how can I allow the enemy to make me feel unaccomplished. I am not where I thought I would be but I am far beyond where I imagined.

This Blog alone is a blessing and an idea that the Lord has placed in my spirit. It is God who has given me the drive to log on here daily and let you know that life happens, and obstacles come but Jesus has overcome the world. My vision for my future was so small, but look at where God has placed me. I am a writer. I no longer hide that, I no longer see it as merely a hobby, it is my calling, it is a part of my ministry and God has openned doors for me that I never knew was an option. What is failure? Failure is forgetting the God you serve. Failure is not realizing that there are no limits to your success. Failure is not giving God the opportunity to bless you because you are too wrapped up in discouragement.

I am NOT a failure! Are You?

3 comments:

  1. Interestingly enough as I read this blog I felt so emotional. I felt like a failure today as i embraced my boo and thought will he betray me like the others. I am out of the bad relationship so why am i haunted by the memories of it. I'm not where I thought I would be but I'm much futher then I ever imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jackie: You write, "The enemy has a way of making you feel like a loser," and "So how can I allow the enemy to make me feel unaccomplished." I'm assuming this enemy you speak of to be the infamous devil, right? Does it have to be him though? Couldn't it just be you? I mean, could it not be your own insecurities and almost chronic and perennial disappointments that surface having nothing to do with the devil? just a thought..

    @Rachel: honestly, those haunted allow themselves to be. I'm not advocating you forget such memories for they do have the ability to strengthen you, but you must not give them total and complete control, you know? I'm sorry, I'm not the best with advice so I apologize if this wasn't helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ashley, it was not my own insecurities or idea of my short commings because I did/do not feel that way about my experience. I dont think that it is a coincidence that things just come to mind that you dont feel about yourself nor were you made to feel by those who surround you. I also dont believe that it is circumstancial that those thoughts are negative enough that if they are fully entertained it could discourage you enough to take you off track. I know how to recognize the Devil. I know the difference between my insecurities and a spiritual attack.

    ReplyDelete